Blueberry Boy Bait is the best named treat of all time. It’s basically a blueberry crumb cake, and this version is dairy-free, egg-free, and vegan. Use fresh blueberries in summer and frozen blueberries in the winter.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the milk, vinegar, and vanilla together and set aside to thicken.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a food processor or a large bowl. Whirl around to mix the ingredients
- Add the margarine into the dry ingredients, pulse until mixed well, or blend well by hand with a pastry cutter.
- Reserve out 1/2 cup of the crumble.
- Pour the soured milk into the rest of the crumble mix. Blend around until everything is moistened.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spread batter into a 9 x 9 pan.
- Sprinkle reserved crumble on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
If you don’t have a 9 x 9 pan (Janelle), you can use a standard 9 x 13 pan. It will just be little thinner.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dairy free blueberry cake, blueberry crumb cake, vegan blueberry cake