Bouchon Bakery in Yountville California is one of my favorite bakeries. Off the top of my head, I can think of at least ten things I would buy if I were there right now. Bouchons, or chocolate corks, are an absolute must.
Happily, the De Buyer company makes these perfect little silicone bouchon molds for Bouchons at home. This recipe is also my basic brownie recipe, so if you don’t have these cute molds…you can still pour this batter into a 9 x 9 pan and make some brownies.
The great thing about this recipe is that it can be made as a “brownie mix” in advance. Just put all the dry ingredients, plus the chocolate chips in a ziplock bag, and when you want to bake, just dump it in a bowl with 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of oil!Print
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Nestle)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips ( I used Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips together.
- Add the oil and water and mix well, but don’t over-do it or you’ll have bricks.
- Spoon batter into your Bouchon molds!
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool before trying to cut or they’ll crumble apart.