Ever since we took non-allergic kid #2 with us on a trip to Napa and Sonoma Valleys six months ago, pretty much eating our way through the countryside, I’ve been wanting to re-create some the best treats we had for allergic kid #1. This is my version of the Chocolate Bouchons from Bouchon Bakery in Yountville. The silicone mold is from Williams-Sonoma (that company is incredibly adept at getting me to stimulate the economy).
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Nestle)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips ( I used Enjoy Life because they are mini chips and melt in)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips together.
- Add the oil and water and mix well, but don't over-do it or you'll have bricks.
- Spread into a 9 x 9 inch baking pan, or spoon into your Bouchon molds!
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool before trying to cut or they'll crumble apart.
Have fun with these, frost them up, sprinkle them, add some vanilla or mint extract, serve with ice cream…whatever.4