Ever since we took non-allergic kid #2 with us on a trip to Napa and Sonoma Valleys six months ago, pretty much eating our way through the countryside, I’ve been wanting to re-create some the best treats we had for allergic kid #1. This is my version of the Chocolate Bouchons from Bouchon Bakery in Yountville. The silicone mold is from Williams-Sonoma (that company is incredibly adept at getting me to stimulate the economy).
California Dreaming…Chocolate Bouchons
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Nestle)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips ( I used Enjoy Life because they are mini chips and melt in)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips together.
- Add the oil and water and mix well, but don’t over-do it or you’ll have bricks.
- Spread into a 9 x 9 inch baking pan, or spoon into your Bouchon molds!
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool before trying to cut or they’ll crumble apart.
Shop This Post4