These whole grain energy cookies are also dairy-free, egg-free, and nut-free.
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 T. chia seeds
- 2 T. ground flax seeds
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or dairy-free margarine)
- 2 shots of espresso ( I used 2 nespresso pods, about 1/4 cup total)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the brown sugar, coconut oil, espresso, and honey to a boil.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the hot sugar syrup mixture over the dry ingredients and blend well.
- Drop in spoonful on the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly before baking.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and set on the tops.
I have a Nespresso espresso maker, but you can use 1/4 cup strong coffee if you’d like. If you don’t want any caffeine, use decaf or just use water.
I use a cookie dough scoop for all my cookie recipes, and really recommend getting one. It makes this go so much faster.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: energy cookies, whole grain cookies, dairy-free cookies, coffee cookies