Dried banana chips are ground into a flour and baked up into dairy-free egg-free chocolate chip cookies. The result is a chewy chocolate chip cookie with a little hint of banana, just the right hint.
- In a food processor, grind down the banana chips into a course flour.
- Add the flour, soda, powder and salt and pulse it all together.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening with the sugars.
- Add the dairy-free milk and vanilla and beat until fluffy again.
- Carefully blend in the flour-banana chip mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips last.
- Drop in spoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
I used Spectrum Palm Oil Shortening and Silk Coconut Milk for my shortening and dairy-free milk in this recipe today. Check out my posts on dairy-free milk alternatives and dairy-free butter alternatives, if you need some product ideas.
- Category: Cookie
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana chocolate chip cookies, dairy-free chocolate chip cookies,