I don’t know about anyone else, but I can’t keep up with school parties. You run the party gauntlet between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and then in the middle of your winter funk… Valentines Day appears and you need 20 treats right now.
Rice Krispies treats to the rescue.
I wish I could hug the mom who invented Rice Krispies treats, because you know it was a mom.
This is basically a double batch, pressed into a sheet pan, cut out, stuck on a stick and drizzled. So easy, so fast, and you look like a Rockstar.
The left-over scraps are for the Rockstar…Print
Basic dairy-free Rice Krispies treats transformed into heart pops for Valentine’s Day. So easy and so cute!
For the treats:
- 2 10-ounce bags of marshmallows
- 4 Tablespoons of dairy-free margarine
- 12 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Melted safe chocolate chips, like Enjoy Life or Divvies
- Simple icing (water, powdered sugar, food coloring)
- Popsicle sticks for serving
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the marshmallows and margarine for 30 seconds at a time until soft.
- Stir until smooth.
- Measure the cereal into another really big bowl.
- Dump the warm marshmallow mixture over the cereal and mix well.
- Line a sheet pan with some foil, grease the foil or spray with cooking oil.
- Press the mixture into the sheet pan and allow to fully cool.
- Once the slab is cool, remove from the pan and foil and transfer to a cutting board.
- Cut out heart shapes with a cookie cutter, insert the popsicle stick,
- Decorate as you wish.
- Allow to dry before wrapping in baggies tied with a cute ribbon or twisty tie.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: American