Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- 1/8 t. cloves
- 3/4 cups dairy-free milk (See Full Post on Milk Options Here)
- 1 t. vinegar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 stick dairy-free margarine (I use Fleischmann’s Unsalted Margarine)
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup safe chocolate chips (I use Divvies)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the soymilk, vinegar and vanilla together in a small bowl to thicken.
- Beat the margarine and sugar together until fluffy, add the oil and thickened soymilk. Beat well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend gently with a spatula. Don’t beat.
- Once things are nearly blended together, add the zucchini and chocolate chips. Blend those guys in.
- Scoop into a 9 x 13 pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out pretty clean.
- Cool before adding frosting.