Inevitably, some of your Mickeys will lose their ears, those are the dudes you crush & put in the ice cream.
- 3 cups dairy-free creamer (I used Silk Soy)
- 20 regular marshmallows (about ½ bag)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 T. oil ( I used avocado, canola or soy would be fine)
- A few handfuls of crushed chocolate cookies (1/2-3/4 cup)
- Put the marshmallows in a big microwave safe bowl (I have an 8 cup Pyrex that is perfect for this)
- Heat for 1-2 minutes, until soft and puffy.
- Whisk the soft marshmallows with ½ cup soy creamer until smooth. You may have to return the mixture to the microwave for another minute or so to get the marshmallows to fully melt into the creamer.
- Add the remaining 2½ cups of creamer, sugar and oil. Whisk until smooth and the marshmallows are all melted.
- Cool the mixture down in the freezer or refrigerator before pouring into an ice cream maker to freeze. I have a Cuisinart that is wonderful.
- Add the cookie crumbs to the ice cream at the very end, transfer to a freezer container and freeze a bit before making the sandwiches.