This frosting tastes just like the tubs of frosting from the grocery store…sweet, tart, a little salty. I suppose you could skip the glucose syrup or citric acid, but the weird ingredients are what make this fun.
- Beat the margarine, shortening, and cream cheese together in a mixing bowl with the paddle attachment until creamy.
- Beat in the glucose syrup and corn syrup until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar, salt, baking powder, citric acid and vanilla extract.
- Mix until creamy and fluffy. If it seems really runny, you can add a little more powdered sugar.
- Store refrigerated for a week.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan cake frosting, vegan cream cheese frosting