- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1 cup coconut (I chop the heck out of mine in a food processor, my kids aren’t fans of coconut strands for some reason)
- 1 cup chocolate chips ( I use Divvies)
- 1/4 cup rainbow jimmies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In the large bowl of a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer, cream the shortening, brown and white sugars together until fluffy.
- Add the corn syrup, water and vanilla. Beat well until fluffy again.
- Add the flour, soda, salt and oats and mix well.
- Carefully fold in the the rice krispies, coconut and chocolate chips by hand.
- Add the rainbow jimmies last. Mix these in carefully, because they can get easily crushed.
- Scoop dough on to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake until just browned on the tops. (2 Tablespoon-sized balls for mini-monster cookies, or 1/4 cup sized balled for mega-monster cookies. Flatten the big monster cookie dough balls a bit.)
- Bake 8-10 minutes for mini-monster, 13-15 for mega-monster. Makes 24 mini-monster cookies or 12 mega-monster cookies.