This fresh blueberry pie comes together on the stovetop, not the oven. It’s best with fresh in-season blueberries.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the sugar, water, corn starch, lemon juice and 1 cup of blueberries to a boil. Cook until the berries just start to explode and the sauce turns purple and thick. Remove from the heat.
- Add the remaining 3 cups blueberries and allow to cool down.
- While the blueberry filling cools, mix the cream cheese and the powdered sugar together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the bottom of the baked pie crust.
- Pour the cooled blueberry pie filling on top and chill the whole pie.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or dairy-free whipped cream ( I use Rich’s Whip).
This recipe only works with fresh blueberries. Frozen blueberries won’t work.
- Category: Pie
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fresh blueberry pie, dairy free blueberry pie, vegan blueberry pie, fresh blueberry desserts