After church on Sunday, our traditional family lunch is some sort of big breakfast-type meal. I used to make the kid’s dairy and egg-free version from scratch…until I read some labels and found out Bisquick is a safe (and oh so lazy) option here. The Silk seasonal flavors are in Target, so today we made egg nog pancakes. This ridiculously simple recipe can obviously be changed to other flavors, or just plain, if you want.
Nog Cakes and Sausage
- Nog Flavored Dairy-Free Milk,or other
- Dump enough Bisquick as you think you’ll need in a bowl.
- Dump enough dairy-free milk in to make a thick batter.
- Whisk together until most of the lumps are gone.
- Cook over a medium skillet, try to only turn these once. If you keep flipping back and forth trying to get the right browness, you’ll end out with flat, tough little pucks of badness.
- Top with margarine, maple syrup, safe whipped cream or applesauce!
Shop This Post0