Noodles in Olio aka Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5-6 large garlic cloves, cut in thin slices
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- Bring a large pot of water to boil for the pasta. Add enough salt to the water to make it "taste like the ocean". Cook the pasta according to the package directions, stirring occationally, cook until al dente.
- While the water is coming to a boil and the pasta is cooking, prepare the garlic oil.
- Place the olive oil and sliced garlic in a heavy saucepan, and heat over the lowest heat. You want to slowly cook the garlic, not burn it to crisps. Once the garlic becomes golden brown, remove from heat and strain the oil into a small bowl and discard the garlic chips.
- If using, add the red pepper flakes to the garlic oil.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pot.
- Add the garlic oil and chopped parsley. Stir and serve hot!