These homemade spiced waffle bowls are dairy-free and egg-free. They happen to be vegan as well. Fresh waffle bowls smell amazing while you bake them–many will be nibbled away before they ever see the ice cream!
- In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together: flour, powdered sugar, spices & salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together. margarine, coconut milk, vanilla.
- Add the wet incredients together and beat well, until all the lumps are smooth.
- Heat up the waffle cone iron and bake according to manufacturer’s directions.
- I use a small ramekin to shape the bowls, but any small bowl will work. I just place the hot waffle over top of the bowl and press the hot waffle down inside, folding and pressing it into shape.
Cake flour is important in the recipe because it keeps the waffle light and crispy. You can substitute all-purpose flour, but the cones may be a bit more tough and chewy. Still good though!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade waffle bowls, vegan waffle bowls, allergy dessert for fall