These mini pumpkin whoopie pies are dairy-free, egg-free, and vegan. They perfect little treats to put in a lunchbox for the kids or for yourself.
- 1 1/4 cups white flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk the white flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt & spices in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the sugars, oil, pumpkin and vanilla together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and carefully blend together.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon sized blobs of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. I have a #40 size food scoop that is indispensable. It’s the perfect size for cookies.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the tops are fully set and edges are slightly browning. This is a case you don’t want to underbake, and should err on the side of overbaking…otherwise the cookies get really sticky and doughy.
- Cool completely before filling.
Of course you can make regular-sized whoopie pies if you want, just use more batter for the cookies and cook them a touch longer!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Dairy-free pumpkin dessert, vegan pumpkin dessert, fall whoopie pie recipe