These pizzelle cookies are egg-free and dairy-free. They also happen to be vegan. Both the chocolate and vanilla cookie batters use the same method!
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour (I use Swan’s Down Cake Flour)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted dairy-free margarine
- 3/4 cup dairy-free milk substitute (I used Silk Pure Coconut, but soy or rice would work)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Same method for both type of batter!
- In a food processor, mix the dry ingredients together: flour, powdered sugar, salt and cocoa (if making chocolate).
- Add the wet ingredients: melted margarine, coconut milk, vanilla. Pulse until smooth.
- Heat up the pizzelle press and bake according to the manufacturers instructions. I sprayed the press with cooking oil first, then used a generous tablespoon of batter and baked for about a minute.
I used Fleischmann’s Unsalted Margarine and Silk Coconut Milk as my margarine and dairy-free milk today. See my post on dairy-free butter alternatives and dairy-free milk alternatives if you need ideas.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: egg free pizzelle recipe, vegan pizzelle recipe, dairy free pizzelle recipe