Spring Carrot Cupcakes
If you have a food processor that can grate…now would be the time to use it!
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 apple, cored and grated
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (or regular)
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk thickened with 1 t. cider vinegar ( I use Silk PureCoconut)
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional Mix-Ins ( 2 T. chia seeds, 2 T. flax Seeds, 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Mix the shredded carrots, apple, pineapple, coconut, raisins, sugar, oil and the dairy-free milk/vinegar mixture in a medium bowl.
- Measure the flour, soda, cinnamon and salt into a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Dump the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together carefully, until just blended.
- Scoop the batter into paper-lined muffin tins, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set on top and they start to smell good.
- Remove from muffin pan and cool on a rack before frosting.