Zucchini Sandwich Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces dairy-free cream cheese (I used Tofutti)
- 1/4 cup dairy-free margarine or shortening
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 1 stick of margarine with the white and brown sugars until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and water, beat again.
- In another bowl, sift the flour, cinnamon, soda, powder, salt together.
- Dump the flour mixture into the margarine/sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add the oats and zucchini, mix well.
- Drop 2 tablespoon sized balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet (you may want to use cooking spray too, these were sticky for some reason) and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before filling with frosting.
- Make the frosting by beating the margarine and cream cheese together until smooth, add the powdered sugar and vanilla, beat again until fluffy and smooth. Makes 12-14.