This dairy-free, egg-free, and peanut-free version of the Ben & Jerry’s classic flavor…is a pretty bang-on replica. Try it!
- Line the pretzel rods up on a small parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spread the soy butter overtop, and squish inbetween the pretzels.
- Freeze until firm.
- Pour 1/2 the melted chocolate overtop of the whole frozen pretzel block.
- Return to freezer until chocolate hardens, then flip the block over and pour the rest of the chocolate over the other side of the pretzel block.
- Freeze again and then chop into pieces for the ice cream.
- Put the marshmallows in a big microwave safe bowl (I have an 8 cup Pyrex that is perfect for this)
- Heat for 1-2 minutes, until soft and puffy.
- Whisk the soft marshmallows with 1/2 cup dairy-free creamer until smooth. You may have to return the mixture to the microwave for another minute or so to get the marshmallows to fully melt into the creamer.
- Add the remaining 2 1/2 cups of creamer. Whisk until smooth and the marshmallows are all melted.
- Cool the mixture down in the freezer or refrigerator before pouring into an ice cream maker to churn. I have a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker that is wonderful.
- After the vanilla ice cream has churned and frozen, add in 1 1/2 cups of chopped pretzel mixture into the ice cream. Stir it around with a spoon.
- Transfer the to an ice cream freezer container to fully freeze.
You can use plain dairy-free creamer, just add 1/3 cup sugar and 1 t. vanilla to the ice cream mix before churning. If you can’t find any creamer, just use regular dairy-free milk of your choice, but add 1/3 cup sugar, 2 T. oil and 1t. vanilla to the mix before churning.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dairy free chubby hubby, peanut free chubby hubby, chubby hubby copycat recipe