This fun dairy-free and egg-free potato salad is great for 4th of July picnics, or any family get together. It can be prepped in advance and tossed right before serving.
- 2 pounds mixed baby potatoes (I used red, yukon gold and blue)
- 1/2 red onion minced
- 1/2 red pepper and 1/2 yellow pepper minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 T. white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh herbs, mix your favorites (mint, basil, chives, parsley, greek oregano, tarragon)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted black olives (optional)
- Parboil the Potatoes: Quarter the potatoes and put them in a 4 quart saucepan.
- Cover with cold water by 1 inch, add 2 teaspoons salt and bring to a boil over high heat.
- When you reach a boil, reduce the heat and cook at a gently boil until the potatoes are tender but not mushy and shapeless, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain carefully in a colander and let cool briefly before mixing with the dressing and vegetables.
- While the potatoes cook, start chopping the veggies. Mince the onion, peppers and garlic. (If you like bigger veggies, feel free to thinly slice the onion and matchstick the peppers)
- Place chopped veggies in a small bowl with the vinegar and a pinch of salt. This will mellow the raw onion a bit.
- When the potatoes are done, drain in a colander.
- Add olive oil and olives (if using) to the veggie mixture. Pour the dressing over the warm potatoes, tossing gently. Add the fresh herbs, then salt and pepper as to taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Dairy-Free Potato Salad, Dairy-Free Potluck Ideas