These gingerbread men cookies are dairy-free and egg-free, they are also vegan. They’re perfect for decorating!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup shortening
- ¾ cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free milk
- In the bowl of a food processor, mix the flour, brown sugar, salt, baking soda and spices. Pulse until its mixed well.
- Add the shortening and pulse until it’s incorporated.
- Mix the molasses and dairy-free milk together in a measuring cup with a spout.
- Slowly pour the molasses-milk mixture into the food processor while pulsing to mix.
- Process until the dough comes together in a nice ball.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days.
- To bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 325.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of plastic wrap to ¼ inch or so (this way avoids using extra flour to keep the dough from sticking to your rolling pin or counter. Extra flour makes cookies dried out and tough).
- Cut into shapes and cook on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 12-15 minutes (depending on the size of your cookies, smaller gingerbread men will cook faster than my big ones).
- Let cool before decorating, enjoy!
I love making cookie dough in my food processor, it turns out so smooth, like Play-doh. You can make this with a hand mixer and it will turn out just fine!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gingerbread men, dairy free gingerbread cookies, vegan gingerbread cookies