These dairy-free and egg-free granola bars are also nut-free, gluten-free, corn-free and vegan. They pack well for roadtrips and hikes!
- 1 cup shredded coconut, chopped fine if desired.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 cups rice krispies cereal
- 3/4 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 jar Lundberg brown rice syrup (3/4 cup or so)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 T. oil (avocado, grapeseed, soy)
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup safe chocolate chips
- Extras (flax seed, chia seeds, if you can use these)
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a big mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the brown rice syrup and salt until boiling and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add the oil and vanilla.
- Pour the heated syrup over the dry ingredients and mix well until everything is coated.
- Dump into a foil or parchment lined pan and spread it out to cool, but don’t press it down yet. I use a 1/4 sheet pan, but a 9 x 13 casserole pan will work too.
- When the mixture has cooled a bit, sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and press everything down hard.
- Let the granola block cool and firm up before cutting into bars and wrapping.
For chocolate, I use Enjoy Life or Divvies.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dairy free granola bars, vegan granola bars, nut free granola bars