These Chocolate Cherry Chunk Cookies are dairy-free, egg-free, and vegan. The dried cherries and chocolate chunks are the perfect tart-sweet combination.
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cups cocoa
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 cup shortening ( I used Spectrum Palm Oil shortening, expensive but nice to work with)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 T. corn syrup
- 2T vanilla
- 1/2 cup cherry juice (I used Juicy Juice)
- 1 cup chocolate chunks, ( I chopped up a Divvies bar, an Enjoy Life bar or safe chocolate chips would work too)
- 1 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa, soda and salt together in a medium bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream the shortening with the brown sugar and white sugars. Add the corn syrup, vanilla and cherry juice. Beat well. Things will curdle apart slightly, don’t worry. Just mix the best you can.
- Dump the flour mixture into the sugar mixture and mix carefully with the hand mixer until everything is just combined.
- Add the chocolate and cherries and give the dough another quick mix to blend the goodies in.
- Drop tablespoon sized dough balls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the tops are set.
- Cool on a cookie rack, Enjoy!!
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dairy-free chocolate cookies, vegan chocolate cherry cookies, chocolate cherry cookies