This chocolate zucchini cake is dairy-free and egg-free. It’s super chocolaty, you’ll never notice the zucchini!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- 1/8 t. cloves
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together: flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Add the vinegar to the dairy-free milk and let it thicken a bit.
- In a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer , beat the margarine and sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- Add the oil and vanilla. Beat well.
- Add the thickened dairy-free milk and beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix carefully.
- Once things are nearly blended together, add the zucchini and chocolate chips. Blend those guys in.
- Scoop into a 9 x 13 pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out pretty clean.
- Cool slightly before icing.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American