This dairy-free cookies & cream ice cream recipe uses the broken leftovers from the chocolate wafer cookies. It’s meant to fill the ice cream sandwiches, but you can eat this on its own too!
- 3 cups vanilla dairy-free creamer
- 20 regular marshmallows
- 3/4 cup crushed chocolate cookies ( recipe above)
- Put the marshmallows in a big microwave safe bowl (I have an 8 cup Pyrex that is perfect for this
- Heat for 1-2 minutes, until soft and puffy.
- Whisk the soft marshmallows with ½ cup creamer until smooth. You may have to return the mixture to the microwave for another minute or so to get the marshmallows to fully melt into the creamer.
- Add the remaining 2½ cups of creamer. Whisk until smooth and the marshmallows are all melted.
- Cool the mixture down in the freezer or refrigerator before pouring into an ice cream maker to churn and freeze. I have a Cuisinart ice cream maker that is wonderful.
- Once the ice cream is churned and nearly done, stir in the crushed chocolate cookies.
- Transfer to an ice cream freezer container for storage.
Inevitably, some of your Mickey cookies will lose their ears, those are the dudes you crush & put in the ice cream.
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dairy free ice cream, dairy free cookies and cream ice cream.