I would make these cake crumbs even without the cake. They’re so good for snacking and sprinkling over ice cream.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 T. rainbow sprinkles
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 Tablespoon clear vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- Combine the sugars, flour, powder, salt and sprinkles in a mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until combined.
- Add the oil and vanilla and mix with the paddle. It will form a large soft dough, then start to separate into smaller clusters. Once it’s forming the little round clusters, you can stop.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool, then break into chunks and store in an airtight container.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dairy-free cake crumbs,