This zucchini bread recipe has been in the family recipe box for a long time, it just needed a little tweaking to make it dairy-free and egg-free!
- 2 heaping cups grated zucchini, skin and all
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour (I have experimented with 1/2 white and 1/2 whole wheat and it works)
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
Crumb Topping (optional)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 T. dairy-free margarine, melted
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix the first set of wet ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Mix the second set of dry ingredients together in a larger bowl.
- Dump the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently until everything is just blended.
- Divide the batter evenly between two greased bread pans.
- Mix the crumb topping ingredients together in a small bowl, and sprinkle over the batter. You’ll have extra, so save it in the freezer for topping muffins someday.
- Bake for 1 hour. They’re done when the center is set. You can try inserting a toothpick to see if it comes out dry, or just touch the tops. When they spring back, the bread is done.
- Let them rest for a few minutes, then carefully remove from the pans to a cooling rack.