Basic dairy-free Rice Krispies treats transformed into heart pops for Valentine’s Day. So easy and so cute!
For the treats:
- 2 10-ounce bags of marshmallows
- 4 Tablespoons of dairy-free margarine
- 12 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Melted safe chocolate chips, like Enjoy Life or Divvies
- Simple icing (water, powdered sugar, food coloring)
- Popsicle sticks for serving
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the marshmallows and margarine for 30 seconds at a time until soft.
- Stir until smooth.
- Measure the cereal into another really big bowl.
- Dump the warm marshmallow mixture over the cereal and mix well.
- Line a sheet pan with some foil, grease the foil or spray with cooking oil.
- Press the mixture into the sheet pan and allow to fully cool.
- Once the slab is cool, remove from the pan and foil and transfer to a cutting board.
- Cut out heart shapes with a cookie cutter, insert the popsicle stick,
- Decorate as you wish.
- Allow to dry before wrapping in baggies tied with a cute ribbon or twisty tie.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: American