This dairy-free and egg-free pumpkin ice cream has real pumpkin in it! The texture is smooth and creamy like a cold slice of pumpkin pie. The homemade spiced waffle bowls take it over the top.
- 20 regular sized marshmallows
- 2 cups vanilla dairy-free creamer (1 pint)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- Put the marshmallows in a big microwave safe bowl (I have an 8 cup Pyrex that is perfect for this)
- Heat for 1-2 minutes, until soft and puffy.
- Whisk the soft marshmallows with 1/2 cup creamer until smooth. You may have to return the mixture to the microwave for another minute or so to get the marshmallows to fully melt into the creamer.
- Whisk until smooth and the marshmallows are all melted.
- Add the remaining 2 1/2 cups of creamer, brown sugar, pumpkin, spices & salt and whisk well.
- Cool the mixture down in the freezer or refrigerator before pouring into an ice cream maker to churn and freeze. I have a Cuisinart ice cream maker that is wonderful.
You can use plain dairy-free creamer in this recipe, just add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/4 cup brown sugar to the ice cream mixture before churning in the ice cream maker. If you can’t find any dairy-free creamer, just use plain dairy-free milk of choice, add 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 t. vanilla, and 2 T. oil to the ice cream mixture before churning in the ice cream maker.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dairy-free pumpkin ice cream, dairy-free ice cream recipe, allergy friendly dessert recipe