- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ (or oat bran)
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. ginger
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
- 1 15 ounce can packed pumpkin
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk with 1t. cider vinegar, set aside to thicken
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Whisk top ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk bottom ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Dump wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix carefully with a spoon until just blended.
- Spoon into paper-lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until tops are dry and springy.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool completely before frosting.
I used Silk Coconut Milk as my milk substitute today. Read my post on Dairy-Free Milk Alternatives for ideas.