These Dairy-Free Egg-Free Chewy Maple Oatmeal Raisin cookies are also vegan, and perfect for lunchboxes or snacks out hiking.
- 8 T. dairy-free margarine or shortening, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 2 T. water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 1/2 cup raisins soaked in hot water
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or a hand mixer, cream the margarine and sugar together until smooth and creamy.
- Add the maple syrup , water, vanilla extract, and blend well.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Blend carefully on low speed.
- Add the coconut and oats, blend well.
- Drain the raisins, and add to the dough.
- Drop in 2 T sized balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet, flatten slightly and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove when they are very slightly browned and the center looks set.
- Let them rest for a minute on the pan before moving to a cooling rack.
You can form the dough into balls and freeze on a baking sheet, transfer into a freezer bag once they are solid. When you want some cookies, just put the frozen balls on a baking sheet, flatten slightly and bake as usual.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dairy-free oatmeal raisin cookie, vegan oatmeal raisin cookie, plant based cookie recipe