This is my basic dairy-free egg-free vanilla ice cream recipe. It’s the base I work from when creating all sorts of flavors and it’s so easy to make!
- 3 cups vanilla dairy-free creamer, 1 1/2 pints. (I use Silk Soy Creamer)
- 20 regular marshmallows
- Put the marshmallows in a big microwave safe bowl (I have an 8 cup Pyrex that is perfect for this
- Heat for 1-2 minutes, until soft and puffy.
- Whisk the soft marshmallows with ½ cup creamer until smooth. You may have to return the mixture to the microwave for another minute or so to get the marshmallows to fully melt into the creamer.
- Add the remaining 2½ cups of creamer. Whisk until smooth and the marshmallows are all melted.
- Cool the mixture down in the freezer or refrigerator before pouring into an ice cream maker to churn and freeze. I have a Cuisinart ice cream maker that is wonderful.
- Transfer to an ice cream freezer container for storage.
You can use plain dairy-free creamer, just add 1/3 cup sugar and 1 t. vanilla to the ice cream mix before churning.
If you can’t find any creamer, just use regular dairy-free milk of your choice, but add 1/3 cup sugar, 2 T. oil, and 1 t. vanilla to the mix before churning.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dairy-free vanilla ice cream, egg-free vanilla ice cream, allergy dessert