- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef ( I used 96%)
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 slices old dairy and egg free bread, crusts removed and shredded
- 4 –6 T. plain dairy-free milk
- 2 t. olive oil
- 2 T. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 t. kosher (coarse) salt (if you use table salt, 1 t. will be enough)
- a few grinds of pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Sauté the onion in a little olive oil over medium heat until soft, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and saute 1 minute, remove from heat.
- Sprinkle 4 T. soymilk over bread crumbs and let sit, add more if the crumbs still feel crunchy or dry.
- With a fork, mix ground beef, sautéed veggies, parsley, olive oil, salt, pepper and bread crumbs together. Don’t over mix.
- Gently shape into meatballs and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Mine were about 1 inch in diameter. On creative days I make hearts, that wasn’t today.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, sample one to make sure they are cooked all the way through.
- Serve with sauce of your choice, I freeze the extras and just reheat in a pot with the sauce.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: dairy free meatballs, egg free meatballs, dairy free pasta recipe