This is my basic dairy-free cream cheese frosting, it goes perfectly with carrot cupcakes!
- 1/4 cup dairy-free cream cheese, I used Tofutti
- 1/4 cup dairy-free margarine, softened.
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 2–2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1–2 T. dairy-free milk
- Cream the cream cheese and margarine together with a mixer.
- Add the vanilla and powdered sugar.
- At this point, I just add some milk and then some powdered sugar, messing around trying to get the perfect “pipe-able” consistency. To make grass, the frosting needs to be fairly thick or your grass will turn to puddles.
This makes enough to frost generously with a knife, if you’re planning to pipe on piles of frosting, you might want to double this recipe.
See my posts on dairy-free butter and dairy-free milk alternatives if you need sources.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dairy-free cream cheese frosting, vegan cream cheese frosting